Sunday, February 3, 2008

TFS on VS 2008 Beta 2 - Adding a lost files

After playing around with TFS on VS 2008, I found a difficulties to add a new file which I have created outside VS 2008.

In another scenario may happen if you want to recover unintentionally delete and at the same time merge with the previous version.

Somehow, It displays an error after I merge my lost file which says that I need to choose the server version or my version. But I does not have an option to do that.

However after fiddling with it for 1 hour, Finally I found the easiest way to dealing with those issues.

  1. In source control , Right Click on directory which contains your new file or file that you want to recover.
  2. select Compare.
  3. TFS will list all new files or lost files and you can easily added into your source control.

No comments: